Dates in Oracle and ORA-0600

From: <dean_at_gfsmortgage.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 19:58:07 GMT

I am trying to debug an app that regularly causes an ORA-0600 error with no numbers in the accompanying []'s.

I can identify the row, but can't access it as a row.

The table stores one varchar2 column and more than a dozen date columns.

The main problem is with the app (I think), but one unusual effect that generates no Oracle error message is in one particular column in another row that has a date (DD-MM-YY) of 93-01-00.

I didn't believe this so I formatted it to make sure. I tried this:

select to_char(my_date, 'fmDDthsp/Month/YYYY') from boo

TO_CHAR(MY_DATE,'FMDDTHSP/MONTH/YYYY')

NINETY-THIRD/January/1900

Am I missing something, or does Oracle just not care? I've been trying to convince our developers to perform some data integrity from the app, but this threw me.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dean

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 14:58:07 CDT