Re: Help! Moving a 7.3 database from one NT machine to another

From: Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] <no_spam_tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:04:42 -0600

I've done it. Create a instance on the new server using exactly the same settings for Oracle SID etc. Don't create the actual database. Copy the database files over, preferably into the same directory. If not, you will have to bring up the database and use alter database rename datafile etc to change the location of the datafiles.

--
Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.