Running a sequence of Sql statements from a unix script

From: Keith Jamieson <pdkj02_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 15:05:35 +0100

Hi guys and gals,
just a quick question. I know you can do this in Ingres using the ingres terminal monitor, does oracle have an equivalent. What I require is a method of executiong a series of sql statements e.g in a unix shell script and have some method of telling sqlplus that it is finished executing the first statement and its now time to go on to the next statement, etc.

I know you can pipe each statement through sqlplus, but i'm looking for something a bit friendlier, e.g. ingres terminal monitor for oracle Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 09:05:35 CDT