Re: HELP! Designer/2000: how to print diagram to a file?

From: <scotten_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/02

In article <35E749EA.17C9BC4E_at_inpart.com>,   Qingshan Luo <qluo_at_inpart.com> wrote:
> In Designer/2000, how to print a ER Diagram to a file that can be used
> to insert into a MS Word document? I could print a diagram to some
> *.prn file. But I don't know how to convert the *.prn file to a format
> like GIF/JPEG to be used by a MS Word document.

Hi,

Assuming you're using Windows 95, you can always make a screenshot of your ER-model (using ALT-PRINTScrn). This copies an bitmap image of what was displayed at the time you pressed the key-combination. You then can paste the image from the clipboard inside your Word document. Use an image editor (like Paint Shop Pro, wich is shareware) to take away any unwanted stuff like menu bars etc. I believe MS Office has it's own Image editor. You'll have to try...

Good Luck,

Sicco Otten