Re: Oracle equivalent of ASP

From: Piero Tintori <ptintori_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:54:52 GMT

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 08:24:03 -0300, "Charles Savoie" <charles_savoie@$$hotmail.com> wrote:

>We are thinking of going with Oracle but we now use Active Server Pages
>from a MS SQL server DB. I know that ORACLE supports ASP's but that it
>isn't fantastic. I am wondering if there is the equivalent server side
>scripting with ORACLE.

Oracle uses an open database system which allows you to access it in many way. Oracle's own Developer/2000 is pretty good but a little expensive.

I would suggest, rather then getting involved with a product you don't understand link from the ASP via ODBC to the Oracle database or such some other cgi language such as PERL or C++. If I am correct, there is a module for Perl to access Oracle databases.

Piero Tintori
ptintori_at_yahoo.com Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 17:54:52 CDT