When to commit

From: yong <yong_at_shell.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 09:56:46 -0500

My script tries to insert into a table some values. There're about 3000 rows to be inserted. On one extreme I can commit after each row insert. On the other, I can commit after all are inserted. How do I find a proper number (approximately) of rows for committing considering performance and server memory (or rollback segment size)? Which rollback segment should I look at and how do I check its size? Thanks for advice.

I don't know where to find a FAQ for this group. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Yong Huang
Email:yong_at_shell.com Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 09:56:46 CDT