Re: Oracle 7.3.4 hangs on Windows NT

From: Terry Dykstra <dont_spam_me_tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 20:55:34 -0600

We run 7.3.4.0.0 and 7.3.4.1.1, both of which do not have any problems at all.
In 7.3.2 we had problems, but we could get around shutting down the database by flushing the shared pool. Do you by any chance have lots of procedures, packages etc that are not being pinned? Pinning those helps reduce memory fragmentation.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.