Re: REF CURSOR

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 16:30:52 GMT

A copy of this was sent to dvsingh1_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 12:15:20 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
> I am having a trouble compiling a function containing REF CUROSR declation.
>
> I am using REF CURSOR to open a cursor associted with a query on one
>field. The cursor name is associated with around 5 queries , the only diff
>being the field name queried. Now When I try to install / compile this
>function , it gives an INVALID TYPE error., actual o/p is given below.....
>
>Package created.
>

>Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.
>
>Errors for PACKAGE BODY BVAPI_NEWC:
>
>LINE/COL ERROR
>-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
>0/0 PLS-00707: unsupported construct or internal error [2601]
>0/0 PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
>
>SQL>
>
>Please help me out ......Thanks in Advance.....

please help *us* (post it on the net) out with a test case, database version number down to at least 3 digits, platform you are working on and so on.

the above is simply not enough information to work with.

>D.V.Singh

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 11:30:52 CDT