Re: SQL and Oracle Tuning

From: Shirley Burk <sburk_at_gte.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:29:22 -0400

If you want more control over the appearance of the columns that you are querying you would use the second (column order specific) select statement.

The would be the preferred syntax if you were selecting these columns into a list
of variables for further processing. If for some reason the table definition itself
should change or it was created in another schema with a different column order and you
just use select *, your "into" column list is hosed.

Other than that there is really not a significant difference between the 2 select
statements.

--
Shirley Burk
sburk_at_gte.net