Re: Web Server v3.0.1 - connecting to local DB v8.0.3

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 29 Aug 1998 22:55:36 GMT

Hi Chris:

You can't connect Web Application server to database as local (BEQ). You must connect it through SQL*Net. You may try to connect to Designer/2000. You should have the same problem. The proper way to use SQL*Net to set the interface between two application.

Best regards,

Chris Kempster (c.kempster_at_cowan.edu.au) wrote:
: Dear all,

: I have a problem connecting to my v8.0.3 local DB via Web application
: server v3.0.1. Here is the current configuration:

: NT v4.0 Workstation (not connected to a network)
: Oracle enterprise ed, v8.0.3
: Net8 installed + Sql*Net v2.3.3, connection via BEQ
: Local Listener running..

: The error:

: OWS-05566: DAD DBA submission failed due to error 12154
: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

: when trying to create a DAD to my local DB (called seca)

: I have tried, like the doco says, installing the sql*net 7.3 cartridge
: (although how do config it?) and selecting remote DB connection you can
: supposedly connect to an 8 local DB.

: I am getting desperate and any ideas, ie. reg settings or anything, would
: be great. Why the heck would oracle release Net8 when their other products
: dont support it. The only good thing is that it keeps oracle experts
: employeed.

: Thanks

: Chris.

--
Best regards, Received on Sat Aug 29 1998 - 17:55:36 CDT