Re: ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:01:35 GMT

A copy of this was sent to suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () (if that email address didn't require changing) On 28 Aug 1998 20:29:40 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi:
>
>When I installed the Designer/2000, I signed on as system NOT sys. So I
>got the following error message when I sign on as SYSTEM. WHat shall I do?
>
>Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
>ERROR:
>ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
>ORA-06512: at "SYSTEM.DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO", line 22
>ORA-06512: at line 1

All of the dbms_* packages *MUST* be installed either by SYS or when connected as INTERNAL.

drop all of the dbms_* packages owned by system and run catproc.sql using svrmgrl when connected as INTERNAL or SYS.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Aug 29 1998 - 08:01:35 CDT