Web Server v3.0.1 - connecting to local DB v8.0.3

From: Chris Kempster <c.kempster_at_cowan.edu.au>
Date: 29 Aug 1998 04:20:43 GMT

Dear all,

I have a problem connecting to my v8.0.3 local DB via Web application server v3.0.1. Here is the current configuration:

NT v4.0 Workstation (not connected to a network) Oracle enterprise ed, v8.0.3
Net8 installed + Sql*Net v2.3.3, connection via BEQ Local Listener running..

The error:

OWS-05566: DAD DBA submission failed due to error 12154 ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

when trying to create a DAD to my local DB (called seca)

I have tried, like the doco says, installing the sql*net 7.3 cartridge (although how do config it?) and selecting remote DB connection you can supposedly connect to an 8 local DB.

I am getting desperate and any ideas, ie. reg settings or anything, would be great. Why the heck would oracle release Net8 when their other products dont support it. The only good thing is that it keeps oracle experts employeed.

Thanks

Chris. Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 23:20:43 CDT