Re: Exporting Oracle table to a plain ASCII file

From: Edward J. Prochak <edprochak_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:26:47 -0400

Consider just using the SQLPLUS spool command and SQL*LOADER.

OUTPUT- script looks like:

set header off
REM might also need to set linesize and pagesize spool data.file
select * from your_table;
spool off
exit

INPUT- you need the SQL*LOADER control file and the data file from above.
I don't have my manual handy, but it's easy to set up a fixed sized fields script.