Re: Which conference is better -- IOUG or Oracle Open World?

From: Barry L. Wallis <Barry.L.Wallis_at_cpmx.saic.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:21:46 -0700

The biggest difference is OOW is run *entirely* by Oracle. IOUG is a = user run organization and attempts to maintain both an arms length = distance from Oracle and a close relationship. IOUG tends to have more = user and independent consultants present while OOW has a larger Oracle = presence. If possible, I try and attend both.

--
Barry L. Wallis, Senior Systems Engineer Science Applications International Corporation 4161 Campus Point Court
San Diego, CA 92121

voice: (619) 646-9891, fax: (619) 646-9327 mailto: Barry.L.Wallis_at_cpmx.saic.com

Cathy Cantieri wrote in message =
<01bdd1c1$e2d14220$f58f6d81_at_cmcantie.utmb.edu>...
>Which conference offers more information on how to ? I have been to =
IOUG
>before and it is very good but now I have a chance to go to Open World =
OR