shell execution based on sql select results...

From: <TheKarma_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:22:04 GMT

Hi, I want put some kind of check (based on # of records in a table) within a shell script. How do I accomplish that? Let me try to elaborate it a more..

I have a shell script which runs overnight which calls several other scripts. In between, I want to check # of records from a table(which is created in the previous step) and if it is above certain number then only execute rest of the lines otherwise send some kind of message and get out of the shell.

Any thoughts/help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks