Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Derek Mallard <dmallard_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 07:20:45 -0600

I am working with OEM version 1.5 on Windows NT and connecting to an 8.0.4 Oracle database. The repository did not exist so the OEM creates it on startup. No problem with that part. I have worked with OEM 1.2 and 1.3 before.

It then starts a wizard that wants to discover other databases. I cancel that.
When I try to look at databases in the OEM window, it shows none. Not even the database containing the repository I have just connected to.

My Questions:
Does this new version of OEM still use the topology.ora file that previous versions used? The install did not create a 'Network Topology Generator' icon. I will have to double check the CD to see if the Network Management stuff is separate.

Why is the database I am connected to not showup in OEM's list of databases? Received on Thu Aug 27 1998 - 08:20:45 CDT