Re: Bigger type length than Maximum

From: Gaylord Aulke <gaylord_at_agi.de>
Date: 1998/08/26

Hi Paul, hx(?), Andreas.

we experienced the same thing using the thin driver with oracle 7.3 on a Solaris machine. I think it has to do with certain data (especialy long strings) in VARCHAR2-fields (not with <cr><lf> in our case).

We do not get the errors with exactly the same data and the same java classes on our development machine but it appears at our customer's site.

Somebody wrote that the problem maybe could be solved by installing a brand new JDBC driver, but it is not yet available on the oracle website.

Gaylord Aulke

--
agi business media productions
http://www.agi.de