Re: Oracle JDBC Thin Applet + MS IE: SecurityException accessing jdbc.drivers system property

From: <vneupert_at_rand.de>
Date: 1998/08/26

I tried this "solution", but it still dose not work. I have packed the drivers into a signed cab file but the browser dosen't use the drivers in the archive but tries use local installed driver. Strange thing is that the applet loads the driver which are in the archive with Class.ForName and does not throw a ClassNotFoundException. But soon you want to use them to connect a databse you get the error "No suitable driver".

If I install the drivers local on the client and set the classpath it works. But that is not the way it should work.

Any other work around?

Vera