Swap area not being used by Oracle

From: Ross Cuthbertson <ross_cuthbertson_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:50:23 +1000

Has any one seen this before. We have a Unisys HR/6 running UnixWare 2.1.2 with Oracle 7.3.3.5 and the Swap area never seems to get used. There are 5 databases on this machine and I know they are using every simple piece of RAM Available (512Mb) and when we run the other apps (or even when Oracle needs to take more memory) the swap area is not getting used (sar shows maybe a variance of 8 Mb).

Any ideas? any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ross Cuthbertson Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 18:50:23 CDT