Re: SQL "Group By" question

From: <nasof_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:01:35 GMT

Try:

select to_char(my_datetime_field,'MONTH'), count(*) from my_table
group by to_char(my_datetime_field,'MONTH')

-Frank

In article <dolans.904085984_at_stripe.Colorado.EDU>,   dolans_at_stripe.Colorado.EDU (Sean Dolan) wrote:
> I have a table called XYZ that has a column called date_open (which
naturally has the date in which the entry was entered into the table).

> I would like to create some sort of report/group by sql statement that will
return : July 10, August 23 In other words, a count will be done on each month and will see how many calls were entered into the table. How would this be done? I've tried thinking about the between, but couldn;t figure how to show each month and its number of calls.