Re: SQLPLUS divide by zero question

From: Mungo Henning <mungoh_at_itacs.strath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:29:00 +0100

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> Just taking the opportunity to complain here:
> Did you know that things like this (appropriate) solution
> can really waste CPU on the Parallel Query Option ?

Whilst it is informative to tell the uninformed (myself included) that a particular query is bad on a particular option, can I politely request that you don't just raise the issue but educate us to the *better* way of expressing the query?

I'm not trying to start a flame war, it's just that some folk seem to have plenty of time to tell you what not to do without having the grace to inform others about the better ways of tackling problems.

Mungo Henning Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 07:29:00 CDT