Oracle Security? - What Gives?

From: Troy Perchotte <max_at_headroom.com>
Date: 1998/08/25

I created a stored procedure that first drops and then creates a sequence. It runs successfully; however, when I tested it from another user's account, oracle returns an "insufficicient priveledges" error.

Since I need a large number of users to be able to execute this procedure, I granted a "create any sequence" to the group's role. I still received the same error.

After speaking with oracle support, I was told that I had to grant the "create any sequence" to each individual account, and that the role's permission "doesn't work in this case".

What gives???

Troy Perchotte Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT