Permanent tablespace to temporary?

From: Juergen Hoffmann <snoopy_at_cube.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:59:53 +0200

Hi,

Is it possible to change a permanent tablespace to temporary?

I created a tablespace containing one large rollback segment for a installation procedure. Unfortunately I forgot to give it the "temporary" attribute.

Now I don't need this tablespace anymore. Bringing it offline gives Error-Messages in the application that Oracle can't find the rbs. Switching it to temperary doesn't work, because Oracle says, that the tablepsace contains data and can't be set to temporary.

Is there any way to delete the tablespace without loss of data?

Juergen Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 13:59:53 CDT