Oracle/JDBC through Gauntlet Firewall

From: <procopio2247_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:23:20 GMT

HELP :) We have an Oracle DB inside a Gauntlet firewall. On the Service Net segment we have a web server. From the Web server I can connect via SQLPLUS to the internal Oracle Server.

However, we have another application that uses Oracle JDBC drivers. What modifications to a normal connect string do I need to make for the JDBC driver to treat the Gauntlet Firewall as a connection manager?

For sqlplus, we created a file called TNSNAV.ORA which does the trick...

Do I need to use the JDBC OCI drivers? I've been told that it can be accomplished using the thin client version...

Thanks.
procopio_at_interstat.net