RAW / NUMBER convertion

From: John Bester <johnb_at_iconnect.co.za>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:57:16 +0200

Hi,

I have a 12byte raw field of which I want to convert the 1st 2 bytes into a number, increment it, and save it in a trigger. Why I need to do this is complicated - I just do not have a choice.

I can convert a RAW to a HEX string using the HEXTORAW function. Then I can use SUBSTR to get the portion I need - but after that I am stuck. The TO_NUMBER function does not have formatting options for HEX numbers, and converting it back to a RAW and performing a TO_NUMBER on that also does not work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
---
John Bester
johnb_at_iconnect.co.za Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 05:57:16 CDT