Executing Stored Procedure that returns result set (in Kiva)

From: Kenneth Lee <klee_at_cybernex.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:42:24 GMT

I've seen this question posed a couple of times, but I can't quite get the solutions to work. I want to execute a stored procedure that returns a result set back to Kiva (aka Netscape Application Server). I'm fairly new to Oracle, having come from a Sybase shop. In Sybase, I was used to having a stored procedure return a result set from a procedure simply by performing a select in the proc. However, what I've been reading so far on this newsgroup is that I have to do some sort of fancy footwork with declaring a package and a cursor and what not. Is there no easier way? And furthermore, it appears that the return value for most of these solutions is a cursor, which I am not so certain will work, but of this I'm uncertain. Could someone explain to me like a 5th grader how I should do this?

Thanks,
Ken Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 16:42:24 CDT