Problem with TNS error

From: Szymon Manduk <smanduk_at_profidata.com.pl>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:42:38 GMT

Hello !

I'm currently working on repository instalation on Oracle 7.3/NT.

To create a role DES2000_OWNER for repository owner I should run script ckrorole.sql from a client PC using SQL*Plus. I'm trying to log on to SQL*Plus at client PC but it generate error: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination.

If think the problem is on the server side because database alias at client PC was created correctly.

Process OracleTNSListener on server is started.

I'd been glad to here any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Szymon Manduk Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 12:42:38 CDT