Help Use of Loader

From: Geraldine Grubb <ggrubb_at_indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:39:32 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to use Oracle Loader in Oracle8 to bring in a simple text file:
ggrubb,jsmith,jdoe and so on.

I created the following control file and saved it as a text file: load data
infile 'c:\userscript'
into table usertest
  (uname position(01:10) char)

I had already created the table usertest with uname char(10) I then went to SQLloader and tried to load the infile into the userscript.ctl file and no go. It said invalid column name when using describe. But when I use describe with SQL it works OK.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks,
Geraldine Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 11:39:32 CDT