Re: Data Simulator

From: Alan Johns <Alan_at_tarragon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:05:35 +0100

Greetings.
There is a tool from Princeton Softech, called 'Move for Servers', that might be able to help you. This is a relational data extraction and insertion tool, that enables the user to extract relationaly intact sub- sets of data, along with the DDL for the objects from which the data was taken. The object definitions can be modified to suite current requirements, and then applied at the target database. The created objects can then be populated from the extracted data. Note that the data can be modified to suite requirements at insertion - including date aging (both linear and somantic).
If this sounds useful, please contact me by phone or e-mail.

Thanks. Alan
In article <35D2FD17.AA6C4A6A_at_iee.org>, Niall Gormley <ngormley_at_iee.org> writes
>Hi,
> Is anyone aware of any products (commercial or not) that can
>generate simulated data, based a database schema? If not has anyone any
>scripts that would help?
> Any assictance would be appreciated.
>
>TIA,
>Niall

Best regards
--
  Alan Johns
  Tarragon Software Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributor for

        Princeton Softech's -   Upgrade 2000
                                Ager 2000
                                Relational Tools for DB2
                                Move for Servers - Oracle
                                Version Merger

        ELISE - the MatchMaker. Software for recruitment, estate agencies,
                                dating agencies, etc from WCC

Phone: 44(0)1480 414141
  Fax: 44(0)1480 436869 Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 09:05:35 CDT