Application error message while using jdbc drivers

From: <srin_k_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:34:42 GMT

Hi,

We have a 7.3.2 oracle database running on Hp-UX 10.2 and have a intranet application coded using java to access the database . Below is the explanatiion of the errors we are encountering. Any suggestions to overcome is welcome...

Thks..

Rgds Srinivas

(1) ARRAY INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS EXCEPTION One of the major problems we
encountered is the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (array size 28). This exception seemed to occur upon database access via JDBC (mainly Select statement using preparedstatement and executeQuery). HOWEVER, we DO encounter this same exception at ApplSvcApp . The problem seems intermittent and seems to occur more often when more users are in the system.

(2) Application hangs after encountering above problems (and other
server/database errors) We also faced the problem of the application 'hanging' after the above type of error was encountered. The user will then be unable to proceed with other functions. Closing the browser and re-login for the user affected does not seem to solve the problem as the application simply hangs (connection/session not released ?). The application managed to 'run' only after restarting the ApplSvcApp service.