Passing retrieval arguments to DW stored procedure

From: <vick9935_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/08/22

I am getting an ORA-20004 "Syntax error attempting to parse..." when passing a retrieval argument to an Oracle stored procedure.

My "execute" statement is the following:

    execute dbowner.my_pack.my_proc(:as_user);0

This same datawindow can successfully execute the stored procedure when I do not pass a retrieval argument (hardwiring the value into the stored procedure SQL). My procedure declaration, within my package body, includes the following:

procedure my_proc (avc_user in varchar2,rc in out rc_type ) as

        begin
                OPEN rc FOR SELECT ROUND((SUM(NVL((CURRENT_BUDGET_PROJ *
PCT_TASK_BUDGET)/100,0)))/1000,0) MonthDollar,
.
.
.

WHERE USERID = avc_user
.
.
.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

--
Brian in Seattle

A person who smiles in the face of adversity...probably has a scapegoat.