Case Insensitive: Oracle 8?

From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau_at_unix.cc.emory.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:32:52 -0400

Hello,

My department is developing a database with Oracle 7 that requires case insensitive searching of name, address, etc. We can use the UPPER() function but that raises performance hits we would like to avoid.

Does Oracle 8 permit case insensitive searching without use of the UPPER() function? I tried to find that information at the Oracle website but was unsuccessful. Many thanks.

Patrick

Patrick Durusau
Information Technology
Scholars Press
pdurusau_at_emory.edu Received on Sat Aug 22 1998 - 15:32:52 CDT