Re: Oracle vs MS SQL Server

From: Matt Heusser <matt_at_pcr7.pcr.com>
Date: 1998/08/21

Mark -

  I think what you want to study depends on what you want to specialize in. So you're really asking "What do I want to specialize in??"

  Well, if you are posting to a VB group, it sounds to me like you want to specialize in microsoft technoliges. The usually means:

OS: Windows 95/98, NT
Programming: Visual Basic, Visual C++
Database: MS Access, MS SQL Server
Internet: IIS, or anything else my MS.

  If you want to get "well-rounded", you could get formal training in SQL Server, and get your MCP/ MCSE/MCSD, then get a first job using oracle. That would be good. Or, give up on the middle path and just go all the way for one or the other.

good luck!

Matt H. Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT