Re: Oracle vs MS SQL Server

From: Gianluca Hotz <ghotz_at_alphasys.it>
Date: 1998/08/21

Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com> scritto nell'articolo <6rj8gr$pn1$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>...
> I have different opinion. If you want to study at school, you should
> choose a more complicated and difficult database to learn.

[SNIP]
This is true, but I don't think a school course has any chance to cover much about complicated aspects of Oracle or about complicated relational theories. They will probably cover some basic aspects and then teach you how to build small effective solutions.

I know nothing about version 8, but I found the administrative course for version 7 quite heavy.

Moreover while more powerful, the PL-SQL is much more complicated than T-SQL.

IMHO you should take the SQL Server course:

You still have the chance to learn Oracle later and most of what you have learned (database and query design for example) will come handy.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Gianluca Hotz                                __
Technical Service Manager at Alphasys srl   /  \/ /