Re: NEED: more Effiency

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Aug 1998 22:13:02 GMT

My 2 cents...

You might want to run your SQL through EXPLAIN and tkprof to see if your indexes are being used and even if there are enough present. You should also take a look at your object storage parameters abd ascertain whether you have lots of chained rows and verify that your block density is maximized for your application. Also, with that kind of output you're generating a lot of I/O so you should review your init.ora parameters to maximize the throughput. ( all block buffers and especially db_block size ). Note: Changing the db_block size is not dynamic; you'll have to re-create the Instance.

Personally, I'd stay away from views because even though it will simplify your extraction SQL, you could possibly make performance worse.

Cliff Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 17:13:02 CDT