Re: Advice on Oracle 8 tools

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: 1998/08/20

In article <35DB583F.1269_at_nospam.us.oracle.com>,   czetie_at_nospam.us.oracle.com wrote:
> Cary,
>
> It would aslo be helpful to know some of the
> characteristics of the apps you are building,
> e.g. intensive computation, extensive db access,
> highly graphical with animations, charting, etc.?
>
> regards,

Specifically, the apps which we will create will involve some computation but not anything I would consider intensive - simple summations, multiplications, numerical comparisons, etc. - no harmonic functions, integrals, dilogarithms, or anything else more exotic. As far as db access is concerned, much of it will be simply pulling records (around 30 fields long - characters and numbers only - no blobs) out of Oracle for viewing, editing, deleting, and searching on various fields - pretty basic stuff. Furthermore, the db access, for the most part, will occur locally via a small LAN/intranet - no interstate or intercontinental traffic. Graphical animations will probably never be a part of our product, but charting functions likely will be added at some point. Security features like system logins and blocking of menus/menuitems based on user roles/privileges will also need to be integrated into the next version of our apps. This is about all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for helping.