Re: Oracle Lite 3.0 does not use indexes ?1?

From: <gbray1_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:09:37 GMT

First thing you need to do is run a couple of explain plans. Run one with the index and one without. I would guess that you are using the cost based optimizer and you haven't updated you statistics since you've loaded the rows. This would easily cause the problem you describe. Based on old statistics, Oracle may determine that a full table scan is faster than using the index. So, update your statistics and use explain plan to tell you what is happening.

Geoffrey Bray