connecting to oracle via vb5.0???

From: Roy J. Davis <roy.davis_at_intranetsol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:58:06 -0500

I have the odbc driver setup, and sql*net installed, and I can connect to the db using the "ODBC test" program. But I can't seem to get anything working in vb5.0. I'm using

    Dim dbOracle As Database
    Set dbOracle = OpenDatabase("",

                                dbDriverPrompt,
                                False,
                                "ODBC;UID=someuser;PWD=somepass;")

I get "run-time error 3146, ODBC call failed" when I run this.

  Roy J. Davis
  Software Engineer
  IntraNet Solutions, Inc.
  mailto://rdavis@intranetsol.com