UNIX script problem with sqlplus

From: Alan Long <tics28_at_>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:31:12 +0100

I have a unix file temp1.sql containing:

     spool temp1

     select part_id
     from product
     ;

     spool off

I want to run this automatically using crontab, so I have a unix file temp1.run containing:

     . ~/.profile
     sqlplus userid/password < temp1.sql
     mail tics28_at_email.sps.mot.com < temp1.lst

This essentially works but temp1.lst contains:

     SQL>
     SQL> select part_id
       2  from product
       4  ;

     PART_ID

A/32 SQL> SQL> spool off

How can I suppress the SQL prompts and the sqlplus code from the output, so that I only get the data? When I run temp1.sql from within sqlplus, the output file temp1.lst just contains:

     PART_ID

A/32

As is probably quite obvious, I don't have a lot of UNIX ability!

--
Alan Long
Materials Systems Group