Forms and MS Word OLE running on Windows NT Server?

From: Graeme King <graeme_king_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:33:30 +0100

Hi Folks

Does anyone know if you can run forms (which will talk to an OLE Server such as Microsoft Word) on a Windows NT server, so that I can schedule the form (using the Windows NT schedule service) to run at regular intervals and produce 'invoice' reminder letters...rather than leaving an unsecure Windows NT workstation connected/switched on to do this task??

Is this possible, I've heard of the forms server, but it's for running forms in web browsers? can it also run forms that use OLE and have no 'output' apart from a letter printed from word??

Thanks in advance

Graeme King
Freelance Oracle Developer Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 18:33:30 CDT