Re: Oracle Stored Procedures | JDBC

From: Gunjeet Singh <gunjeet_at_sunsparkle.ebay.sun.com>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 17:40:22 GMT

Hi,

Sometime back Thomas Kyte had posted an article on using REF CURSORs in PL/SQL procedures. I had used it then to call a stored procedure from a Java program to get back a result set.

I had used cursors with Oracle 8.0.3 and JDK 1.1.5. I'm not sure if the jdbc drivers support it with Oracle 7.3.

In any case, here's how I have used them :

    CallableStatement cs;

    cs = conn.prepareCall("{call sp_ListEmp(?)}");

    cs.registerOutParameter(1,OracleTypes.CURSOR);

    cs.execute();

    l_cursor = ((OracleCallableStatement)cs).getCursor(1);

    String str1 = "";
    int num=0;

    while (l_cursor.next ())
    {

        str1 = l_cursor.getString (1);
        System.out.println ("Name : " + str1);
        num = l_cursor.getInt (2);
        System.out.println ("Id : " + num);
    }

create or replace function fn_ListEmp return types.cursortype as

    l_cursor types.cursorType;
begin

    open l_cursor for select ename, empno from emp order by ename;

    return l_cursor;
end;
/

create or replace procedure sp_ListEmp(l_cursor IN OUT types.cursortype) as

begin

    open l_cursor for select ename, empno from emp order by ename;

end;
/

Hope this helps.

Gunjeet