Re: OWS: passing LOTS of CGI parms

From: Igor Keselman <keselman_at_cle.ab.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:28:23 -0400

Mark,

OWS doesn't allow you to use records as parameter types. But it does allow you to use PL/SQL table as the parameter type.

If you name all of your HTML form elements the same name on the page1 , you should only have one parameter on page2. Take a look at owa_util.ident_array datatype.

The bad part is that in this case you have to somehow encode what does each form element really mean.

For example,

<input type=hidden name=a value="1">
<input type=hidden name=b value="2">

will become:

<input type=hidden name=c value="a_1">
<input type=hidden name=c value="b_2">

and page2 will have to decode passed values.

Hope this helps,

Igor