Re: Exporting large tables!!!

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 13:53:24 GMT

This is how we purge large, heavily (almost always in use) accessed tables.  We build have an archive (permanent) table that looks just like the original table. We usually use a pro*c program or pl/sql to populate this table. We then dump the archive table to an OS file. Once we have the data archived we then use the archive table as the driver to delete the rows from the parent table. We truncate the archive table just prior to reuse.

Vinnie <browns1_at_borg.com> wrote in article <35D99262.E084963_at_borg.com>...