Re: Access front-end to Oracle - How to?

From: Charles M <charlesm1NOSPAM_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:00:40 -0500

In article <6ravlk$9p2$2_at_the-fly.zip.com.au>, pcantoni_at_semantica.com.au says...
> Hi,
>
> We have a Human Resources Database which also handles Organisational
> Structure among multiple Business Entities if required. It is currently
> written in Microsoft Access and has separate Application Database and Data
> Database. The data is fully normalised and consists of over 130 tables.
> The database works fine with the small number of concurrent users it
> currently has, but a client wants to move it to Oracle (back end) as that is
> their corporate-wide database. They want to make the "public" data in the
> HR DB generally available. Are there any information sources, white papers
> etc on how to do this?
>

><snip>

Have you looked into 'Oracle Data Migration Assistant for MS Access'? Its an Oracle tool for converting Access databases to Oracle. (You can even link Access forms back to the Oracle database for reports). Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 20:00:40 CDT