Re: Why is query time SLOW on NT?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:55:44 -0400

Hi Perry,

        I just ran the query on a four processor Pentium and counted a 38500 row table in under three seconds. I have my init<sid>.ora parameters all set to large -- and then some :-) Edit the init file and set everything to large. shutdown the database and then start it up and look at the configuration statistics to see how big your SGA is. This will give you some indication as to how far you can push the parameters. Next look at the distribution of your tables and oracle system files across your disks. Spread stuff out as far as you can.

        I strongly recommend that you get a book or two on Oracle Performance Tuning. Two good ones are the O'Reilly and Associates book by Corrigan and Gurry and the Oracle Press Osborne McGraw-Hill book on tuning. (I found them both to be excellent but if I was only buying one I would go with Corrigan and Gurry.)

regards

Jerry

--

Jerry Gitomer         	ICT Group