Re: Access front-end to Oracle - How to?

From: Roy Ammeraal <ramme_at_ctp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:33:06 -0700

Actually, the solution is not that complex: 1. Make sure you can access the Oracle db from your pc. The way I did

   that was by use of ODBC
2. In MS access you can access Oracle database tables by ODBC. All you

   do is, with an access database already open, click on 'New Table',    and choose 'Link Table'. From there, assuming everything is working    right, you should get access to your Oracle database tables. 3. All you have to do is to migrate the MS Access tables over to Oracle,

   that may not be easy. At the end, from a MS Access perspective, a    certain table in Access must have the same name in order to have your    MS Access app work against the oracle db.

Have fun.

Roy