Re: Personal Oracle 8 - 2 instances

From: gbe <silly_at_mcmail.com>
Date: 14 Aug 98 07:28:02 GMT

I have a similar problem with Oracle 8 on NT4 (sp3).

I can't create an instance (other than the default one) and see it.

I've just installed Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on a clean NT (sp3) machine and the default
instance works fine (including ODBC over TCP/IP).

I use Oracle Database Assistant, choose "Custom Database", "Small" and choose all the defaults - I create database files from scratch ie I don't use the "copy from CD option" .

Using Instance Manager (oradim80) I can see the new Services "Started" and Instance
"Started".

When using Net8 Easy Config to create a Service Name to the new SID it says...

ORA-12505: TNS listener could not resolve name etc.

suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article <6r0hqn$i6q$1_at_news.sas.ab.ca>...