Maximum size of stored packages

From: Richard Woest <r.a.woest_at_kpn-telecom.nl>
Date: 14 Aug 1998 08:57:53 GMT

Hello,

I have a question concerning the size of stored packages. According to Oracle the maximum size is about 64kb. But based on what?
Only the generation scripts or do you also have to include compile code and diana tree.??
(BTW I would also like to know what Diana tree is)

I ask this question because we had a problem with a stored package which was called from a module specific library and the form itself. After a smal change in the package whilst compiling the library we got the 033 Qualifier (package) must be declared error. Funny thing was that all calls to the package (which contains several procedures) were suddenly unrecognized. The package was valid and could be run in SQL+.
We know about the version difference between forms en database. We finally cut the package in two and .. everything was OK.

But the genrating script is only 42Kb. So we are wondering why the package was too big. Can i have anything to do with the amount of parameters used??

Any ideas, suggestions etc are very welcome, so we know where to watch out for in the future.

Thanks,
Richard Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 03:57:53 CDT