Re: Limitation on the number of parameters passed to a PL/SQL procedure

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1998/08/13

In article <35CC914E.7870_at_openix.com>, tansel_at_openix.com wrote:

> Is there a limitation on the number of parameters passed
> to a PL/SQL procedure? I have a huge HTML form with about 80
> input parameters. And I couldn't get the procedure which receives
> these parameters to execute successfully. So, I thought maybe
> I reached some kind of limitation.

Are you using POST or GET? GET will list all the parameters in the URL, and some web servers -- possibly including the OWS -- will cut off URLs that are very long. Using POST avoids this. (It's the default if you're using the PL/SQL cartridge.)

FWIW, I read about this in 'Using ORACLE Web Server 3' by Rick Greenwald, p. 397.