Question

From: Philippe Hamel <hamelph_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:40:13 GMT

I'm apologize for this very newbie type question, but what does an Oracle DBA do? The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently applying for a position in C/C++ programming and the H.R. guy at the company is asking me if I've ever considered being a DBA. He knows I love developing software and he seems to think that I would be happy as a DBA. They're offering a junior DBA position and they would take care of all the assorted courses and certifications so I could be a certified Oracle DBA. So I'd like to know a little more about the daily responsabilities of a DBA before I take a decision.

Thank you all for your time.

--
Philippe Hamel
Courriel 1 : philippe.hamel_at_apiiq.qc.ca Courriel 2 : hamelph_at_videotron.ca